K-64 Governing Board
The K-64 governing board is comprised of 12 members representing the private and public sectors and is supported by 8 ex-officio staff representing K-64’s founding partners.
- Establish long-term vision for K-64
- Secure continuous financial support
- Ensure transparency and accountability for use of public funds
- Implement concrete plans with both tangible and timely goals and outcomes
- Direct executive staff hired in conjunction with, and overseen by, K-64 board
- Deliver communication and engagement resulting in continued buy-in by partner organizations and community at large
Chief Court Counselor, NC Public Safety/Juvenile Justice/Judicial District 25; Catawba County Board of Education
Catawba County Board of Education
Catawba County Board of Commissioners
President and COO, McCreary Modern, Inc.
Technology Committee Chair; Director, Global Cable Product Development, Corning Optical Communications
Character Development Committee Chair; Vice President, Communications and Corporate Citizenship, Alex Lee, Inc.
Dr. Bryan Graham
Gunter & Graham, DDS
Hickory Board of Education
Guy Guarino, Jr.
K-64 Board Chair, Chief Development Officer, Catawba Valley Medical Center
Marketing Committee Chair, Business Chief of Staff, Network Integrity Systems
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Catawba County
Newton-Conover Board of Education
President, Mike Johnson's Hickory Toyota
Workforce Solutions Committee Chair. CEO, Shurtape Technologies LLC
Catawba County Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
Chris von Drehle
DevOps Engineer, VonDrehle Corporation
- Dr. Bryan Taylor, Superintendent, Hickory Public Schools
- Mary Furtado, Catawba County Manager
- Dr. Garrett Hinshaw, President, Catawba Valley Community College
- Lindsay Keisler, President & CEO, The Chamber of Catawba County
- Scott Millar, President, Catawba County Economic Development Corporation
- Dr. Aron Gabriel, Superintendent, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Dr. Matthew Stover, Superintendent, Catawba County Schools
- Dr. Fred Whitt, President, Lenoir-Rhyne University
All Board’s subcommittees meet as needed.